Right now, there are a total 6829 marketing technology solutions available. There is definitely no shortage of tools in the digital marketing space as it is expected to grow at about 16% per year during the period 2017-2021. This growth is largely caused by new tools and technologies that are continually introduced. The last thing you need is to make an easily-avoidable marketing mistake because you don't have the right tools.
Why should you care about lesser-known tools?Chances are, you already have a tool for most of your digital marketing. When you selected these tools, it probably was tempting to go for the mainstream product and you might have ended up with MailChimp, Buffer, Hubspot, and the likes. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with these well-known tools… But for every one of these mainstream products, there are 10’s if not 100’s smaller, lesser-known tools worth checking. Lesser-known tools typically have one or more of the following advantages over mainstream tools:
- More intimate customer support
- More willingness to collaborate on specific requirements and find an appropriate solution
- Better value for money
- Check off-site reviews on sites such as Capterra, G2Crowd or GetApp.
- Check Domain Authority and Spam Score, via Moz Open Site Explorer.
- Contact their support: this gives you a feeling of responsiveness and quality of support.
1. OptiMonk (Retargeting/Lead Generation)OptiMonk is a powerful onsite retargeting tool, which claims to recover up to 15% of abandoning website visitors. Recovering a visitor could be turning them into a subscriber or even a sale. With Optimonk you can promote special offers or gather email addresses, Facebook Messenger subscribers or even customer feedback, but it also enables to reduce your cart abandonment rate, increase your cart value and facilitate social sharing. What makes them unique is their approach to onsite retargeting. They empower users to build custom messages based on the prospect’s behavior to retarget with the most relevant offers as possible. They focus on the power of personalization to have the best possible chance to convert a prospect into a customer. In comparison to other services, you can get more than a simple popup to show. OptiMonk keeps in mind that none of the visitors will behave in an equal way on a website. Therefore, they offer targeting options which allow personalizing the message instead of broadcasting the same to the entire audience. In this way, you can hit the right audience at the right time with the most relevant message and as a result, increase conversions. By targeting small- and medium-sized e-commerce businesses, they offer a cost-effective solution which involves individual, e-commerce related functions, such as cart content monitor or source based targeting. To make it work quick and easy, they have special OptiMonk plugins for the most popular e-commerce platforms.
2. Triggerbee (Retargeting/Lead Generation)An alternative to Optimonk, is Triggerbee. Triggerbee is a marketing and sales automation platform that makes it easy for small businesses to make better decisions based on data. You’ll be able to see who’s visiting your website and engage visitors, prospects, and customers in real-time based on their demographics and interests. Thanks to the data you collect about your visitors, you can use Trigerbee’s Widgets to seamlessly continue an email conversation with a prospect on your website, or show offers to visitors with a specific behavior. If you integrate Pipedrive and Mailchimp, your contact records will automatically be updated on-the-fly and you'll make sure you provide actionable information about your prospects your team can use to prepare ultra-specific sales calls and marketing campaigns.
3. Funnel (Marketing Analytics)Funnel is a marketing analytics tool that collects data from all advertising platforms and allows marketers to send and visualize this data anywhere. The first tool of its kind, Funnel enables marketers to gain real-time, intelligent analysis across their entire marketing spend. Currently, in order to gather data from all marketing sources, most markers must manually download CSV files from different data sources and manually map this data in spreadsheets. For example, when a business uses 10 marketing platforms, has 5 different markets, all of a sudden they have 50 CSV files they need to fetch and map with sales data just to get an idea of how the historical performance has been. Not ideal, is it? Still, most companies are doing this because they don't know that there is a better way. Funnel replaces this process with software that is always up to date, more detailed and less prone to error. What makes Funnel so strong is the ability to get data from over 300 sources.
4. CanIRank (SEO Marketing)How many times have you looked at data and wondered, how do we take this to the next level? Plenty of SEO tools provide data on rankings, links, or keywords. CanIRank takes it a step further by recommending specific actionable opportunities you can take to rank better. Depending on your website's needs, the suggestions might include opportunities to earn links, new content ideas to write about, or on-page optimizations to improve your existing rankings. For every opportunity, you can choose to get instructions for completing it yourself or delegate to CanIRank's team of marketing professionals throughout the US and Europe.
5. Quintly (Social Media Marketing)Quintly is a web-based social media analytics platform that helps users track and benchmark their performance against competitors’. In this way, users can steadily optimize their social media strategy. Using social media is also a great way for businesses to start implementing an omnichannel marketing strategy, which will be a significant trend going foward. In order to optimize your social media performance, you should not only look at your own page’s performance, but also at how your competitors do on the social web. Taking a look at best-practice examples can be extremely valuable. With Quintly this competitive social media benchmarking information comes to you without any work on your part. Just add the pages or profiles you would like to track and compare, and they do the rest.
6. Juicer.io (Social Media Marketing)Adding social media feeds to your website used to mean a bunch of ugly iFrames that don’t match your website style and break mobile responsiveness. But with Juicer.io you can add a single aggregated feed of all your social media posts (or only specific hashtags), perfectly integrated and styled to match your website. Juicer.io is notably less expensive than it’s competition, for example, better-known competitor Tint charges $600/month to do what Juicer does. Juicer is free for up to 2 social media accounts and its most expensive package sits at 99$/month for 15 accounts.
7. SE Ranking (SEO Marketing)SE Ranking is a cloud-based platform for SEO and online marketing professionals that provides a complete set of tools for site audits, competitor analysis, website ranking, keyword suggestion and grouping, backlink monitoring, automated professional reporting, and much more. As a smaller company, they try to respond to all the feedback and suggestions as well as to stay ahead of their main competitors: Moz (SEO Moz Rank Checker), Agency Analytics, Raven Tools, Searchmetrics, Webceo, and others. They offer 100% up-to-date and highly demanded functionality so that they can offer the most useful features for analytics, marketing, and SEO strategy improvements.
8. Cordial (Email Marketing)Cordial is a next-generation email marketing software and messaging platform built on real-time data. They help you, digital marketers, leverage data to create timely, personalized experiences for customers across different channels. Instead of relying on multiple technologies and messaging providers, Cordial enables brands to simplify their processes by consolidating promotional, triggered, transactional, and lifecycle messaging to create unified brand experiences that make the customer the center of every interaction.
9. Iconosquare (Social Media Marketing)Iconosquare is an all-one-one Facebook and Instagram analytics platform, which gives you insights into your social media metrics. It schedules and automatically posts content and allows you to manage your social community from one place. If your brand has an important community on Instagram, Facebook or both, Iconosquare will increase your return from these platforms and save time with the following functionalities:
- In-depth analytics: audience growth, reach, engagement
- Planning your feed, including carousels and even stories
- Tracking competitor’s activity and benchmark it against your own performance as well as moderating comments